Monday, July 26, 2010

You can take the girl out of the country......

Not that I ever moved out of the country, really. But country is in this kids veins straight through my heart to my brain! (Did I just make a rhyme?)  It's that time of year again.....FAIR week(s)! Not that any fair around here is spectacular and awe inspiring, but I do love me some good ol'  rip 'em up tear 'em up demo-ing!  What could possibly be better than the sound of smashing, crunching, squealing metal with the smells of gas, oil, and anti-freeze swirling in the air. It's either your worst fear (going down the highway 'bout 60 +) or biggest fantasy (stuck in rush hour traffic) to watch cars smash each other to pieces...and sometimes catch fire!!!  It's even more fun to have someone to root for!  It's something I've always wanted to do but would be terrified to try!
My other love of this time of year....Truck and Tractor pulls....HECK ya!!!!  Who doesn't love the deafening roar of the turbo racing down the track OR the sound of a big bad Diesel taking charge!  I really love the awesomeness of the smoker tractors...as long as they are the green ones!!!  Nothin runs like a Deere!!!  Haha and just in case you were wondering, yes my penis and I were separated at birth! lol  I've never been good at being a girl! So back to the trucks...I like 'em! I never miss the demo (or at least one night of them) or the truck and tractor pull, end of story!
On a related note I also go for the food!!!  Cotton candy AND funnel cakes!!! But most of all the hot steamy un-wholesome goodness of a Denny and Pearl's stromboli!!!!! This deep fried creature is the best thing you will EVER put in your mouth!  The line is always a million miles long but sooooo worth it!
That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment