Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Day

I never thought I'd start one of these...I didn't think it was really "my thing". As it is here I am and I'm wondering where I should start or where this should go, but I've always known that writing things and feelings down is good therapy. As a child I always kept a diary and even on into teenage years then as an adult. Although it has been a long time since that I "got stuff off my chest" it is never to late to "get rid of things" or just simply tell a story from ur life.
I'll start w/ the recent realization of how fast everything is really moving. Having my 3rd child after my last baby turned 6 and the first being 9, has made me really sit up and take notice to the fact that the days that seemed to drag on in my teenage years are truly a thing of the past. I remember thinking that 1 week took 1 year to complete and now 1 year seems to only take 1 week to come to and end! Craziness!! Now that my baby is 1 month old already I feel it like 1 month only took a blink of the eye! Where did it go....even in the sleep deprivation stage (which is still going on), where everything seems slow motion, even that has hit fast forward. Now that my maternity leave is drawing to a close, I sometimes feel panicky that I will miss something, a laugh, a smile, or even a goofy face, I hate this feeling! If only I could stay at home, but in this day and age it just isn't possible! So if I could just freeze time to enjoy the newborn stage for awhile, that would be great! Even though I forgot how HARD this particular stage is I have a new appreciation for it! It was a big part of why I had decided to NOT have a 3rd child(beside the female issues) but God had a better plan for us and I am SO glad he did! I can't imagine life w/out her now! I feel the appreciation also stems from the fact that I know I'm done. Even though I'm not sure we will even be able to handle 3, financially, I am sad in knowing this is it! Oddly enough my main reason I wanted another after #2 is the curiosity of what another would look like...I know I'm a nut case! hehe! If money were no object and Dave could have the next 3 I'd do it again in a heart beat! 3 c-sections was enough for me (let alone the fact that I HATE being pregnant) I feel it would be fair for Dave to share the load. I believe he would fully agree to it too he is very feminine at times. But that is a different story, another time perhaps. So in closing I just would like to say, I now understand the full reality of what the adults were saying when I was growing up about how fast time goes and how fast kids grow up! This is crazy and not really fair that the older u get the faster time goes it's like life is rushing u to the end w/ each passing year. But then again who ever said life was fair!

1 comment:

  1. You know another amazing thing that happens as you get older? You gain a boatload of wisdom. At least that seems to be the case with you! Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete