Tuesday, July 13, 2010

When I grow up.....

It's the one question we are all asked as a child! But how 'bout when we're adults, just becuz we're an adult doesn't mean we have it figured out yet either. Or that we HAVE to have it figured out.
I clearly haven't figured this out yet. I thought I did a few times and not to say I'm not still interested in those things. I would love to be a landscape architect or interior designer but in this area where I reside it really isn't practical and would end up wasting all that money and still work where I do today! I would love to be a police officer but the time for that has come and gone. What I would really love most of all is to work in the forensics field. Science has always been my favorite and strongest subject. Yes I'm fully aware that it is nothing like CSI but the theory of solving crimes/ cases and/or problems w/ science is fascinating! My other problem w/ these fields is the schooling it would take.....I've never had any ambition to go to college. I hated school and everything about it except friends and sports. I blame this mostly on not being held back when all the teachers wanted me to be.....had I only had the chance to do better I might have felt differently. But that isn't the direction I'm headed here sooo... Maybe someday I will want to go to school but really I can't see that happening. Call me lazy or unambitious (if that's a word) but I don't think I've done too badly for no college education.
I have also considered how fun it would be to have a shop of my own or partnered (just fantasies of course) but I know how much Dawna would love to have her own catering business and I think it would be fun to have a cake/cupcake business ( I watch too much Food network and TLC I think I could be just as creative as those people)! With our powers combined I don't see how we could lose! We would have the best tasting fun to look at cakes in a tri-county area and dare I say the state! I have also daydreamed about my own chocolatier shop....hahaha again stemming from the Chocolatier game and Chocolat (the movie that I love so much)! These crazy ideas that are super successful in my head but I have no intention of starting such and operation or even to know where to begin!
So what do I want to be when I grow up? No idea but in the mean time I like being mom and working part time, I def like the paycheck that suffering thru work brings!! I don't think it makes us any better in life worrying about how student loans are going to get paid and if I'm going to have a job when I'm done suffering through college, only it does (sometimes) come w/ a bigger paycheck! I do salute and marvel at those that have figured out what they want to be now that they have grown up! I think its fabulous and I do sometimes envy them! But for now have no intention to join them.
Will I encourage my children to go to school? Of course I do and always will! Even thou for now Shelb is convinced that she wants to work at Wal-mart, I tell her that I hope she aims higher than that, but what can u do her mom works there and for the most part all is ok! She mostly tells me she wants to be a nurse and help people like the ones that helped Pappy at the hospital! Good girl! Health care is always the best option. Bub on the other hand thinks he has it made as a race car driver, nothing will convince him otherwise! He may but I will not encourage go cart racing at 9! Its out of the question! So as they grow and learn new things in school and explore new avenues in life I will never pressure them to do what I didn't if they don't want to. But I will warn them that it is the longer road in life not that college is easy but most times it is the faster road to becoming successful. The long and the short of this No I don't know what I want to be when I grow up and I'm ok w/ it!

No comments:

Post a Comment